Thursday, May 17, 2007

Possible miracle in Australia

Thanks to Rachel's blog for bringing this to my attention: an Orthodox family in Sydney claims walls weeping with scented oil, and strange ash/charcoal appearing in the house, in the wake of their teenage son's death in a car crash.

Her post includes two TV news reports, one emphasizing a certain "skeptic" who doesn't seem well-informed at all. You'd think skeptics would be better-informed than that, lest they make fools of themselves! And maybe I'm too PC, but as a veteran American broadcast journalist, *I'd* sound more neutral than the two anchorpersons do in introducing the reports. Maybe it's the greater 'secularity' of Australian society?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachi said...

Yes, it was an Orthodox family, at first the Orthodox church were skeptical (!) so the family went to a Catholic priest, then later the Orthodox became involved again.

These are the 2 main/popular current affairs shows on in Australia- and they both suck! I stopped watching them because most of the time they deal with crap. Perhaps that has something to do with presentation?

anyway, thanks for the link :)
love Rachel xoxo

Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 10:08:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger me said...

Thanks Rachel! :) I've edited my original.

Take care,
Leo Peter

Friday, May 18, 2007 at 8:30:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home